- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
FSD works with community-led organizations in the La Plata region to increase awareness of environmental sustainability issues while implementing sustainable alternatives to resource usage.
To read about Environmental Sustainability issues in Argentina, click here.
Interns, volunteers, and donors work with FSD to provide support for programs and initiatives that:
- Provide workshops, community events, seminars, and campaigns that address subjects ranging from local ecological awareness to environmental issues related to unique regions such as Tierra del Fuego and Patagonia.
- Produce biodiesel for a local school and conduct outreach about its environmental and economic advantages.
- Enhance an FSD project to complete an inventory of local greenhouse gas emissions for the purpose of designing and implementing a plan of action in collaboration with the city of La Plata.
- Comprehensively research both governmental and nongovernmental environmental agencies and their recent projects to enhance collaboration and information sharing.
- Assist the preservation and sustainable use of land throughout Argentina via projects such as: cooperating with the local Department of Agriculture to recover traditional crops; supporting regional biodiversity and assisting of local farmers; preserving trails and routes used by hikers and bicyclists; organizing local events that support traditional, local agriculture; converting retired railroad lines into biodiversity zones; and promoting organizational activities to environmental journalists and at national summits.
Read more about Environmental Sustainability programs and opportunities initiated by our Community Partners in Argentina.
For a description of the opportunities available in each development subject addressed by FSD in Argentina, click on the links below:
Click here to return back to the Argentina home page.