- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
FSD partners with several community-led organizations in the Udaipur and Jodhpur regions to provide medical and psychological treatment, public health outreach, and to shift health policy at the state and national level.
To read about current Child and Maternal Health issues in India, click here.
Interns, volunteers, and donors work with FSD to provide support for programs that:
- Offer workshops and create outreach materials on reproductive issues, nutrition, safe water, immunization, sanitation, hygiene, HIV/AIDS and STD prevention, infectious diseases, domestic violence, etc.
- Provide medical services and counseling to rural villages without access to treatment.
- Design and implement impact assessments on field treatment programs, public health outreach campaigns, shifts in community health practices, contraceptive distribution, etc.
- Lobby government for changes to the healthcare system at the state and national levels.
- Train health workers, volunteers and practitioners to improve and enhance current medical practices, and increase efficiency of treatment.
- Research and assess programs in reproductive health, infectious diseases, child and adolescent health, increased access to health care, and overall health infrastructure.
- Provide homeless animals with proper medical treatment and care, while educating the community on cruelty prevention and animal rights.
- Promote traditional, herbal medicines.
- Conduct research on waste management in the city of Udaipur and its impact on the health animals and humans.
Read more about Child and Maternal Health programs and opportunities initiated by our Community Partners in India.
For a description of the opportunities available in each development subject addressed by FSD in India, click on the links below:
Click here to return back to the India home page.