- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
Contribute to the bettering the lives of the people of Salta, especially those who find themselves in states of vulnerability.
The Cruz Roja Salta is a branch of the national Cruz Roja Argentina, associated with the central Red Cross in Geneva Switzerland. The Cruz Roja Salta runs a nursing school, first aid training programs, disaster relief and a wide variety of community oriented program, including awareness campaigns, community educational workshops, and health fairs throughout the province of Salta.
- Health -> addictions; HIV; social work and mental health; infectious diseases; nutrition
- Projects within the area of communication, which may involve inter-institutional communications, awareness campaigns or diffusion of activities planned by the Cruz Roja Salta.
- Neighbourhood and city wide health prevention and awareness campaigns.
- Minimum 2 month commitment
- Advanced Spanish
- Ability to work in impoverished circumstances, using creative problem solving and strong communication skills
- Possess a proactive and collaborative attitude, working independently or in a multi-disciplinary team
Program Supervisor (All Programs)
Candalaria Ramallo is Director of Volunteers for the Cruz Roja Salta, and has been working as so for many years.
Part of the interns time will be spent the Cruz Roja’a volunteer center within their headquarters in downtown Salta, with frequent trips made to the neighbourhoods of Salta for workshops, campaigns and other community oriented actions.
The Cruz Roja Argentina was founded in 1880, when the Argentine government signed the first Geneva convention. The four main objectives stated in the Cruz Roja Argentina’s strategic plan (2003-2007) are: HIV/AIDS prevention; disaster relief; nutrition; sickness due to poverty.
Previous FSD interns have researched HIV/AIDS in Salta to assist with informational/prevention campaigns designed by the Crus Roja Salta and specific to the needs of the region.
About Cruz Roja’s Clients
Population of Salta affected by illness or disaster due to impoverished living conditions or natural/manmade disasters.